Cannonball Tree Seedling
Cannonball Tree Seedling (~1.5-2ft)
Rare and exotic cannonball tree seedlings for gardening enthusiasts and plant collectors. Edible fruits, fragrant flowers, blooms all year round. Large fruits, resembling cannonballs (10" diameter, 4-5 kilos). Matured trees can have 150 fruits and 1,000 flowers. Lives in tropical countries, paramihin natin sa Pilipinas!
- -The plant extract is used to treat stomach aches and colds.
- -The juice extracted from the leaves is used to treat skin diseases.
- -In South America, the Shamans used tree parts to treat malaria.
- -The pulp is used to disinfect wounds.
- Young leaves are used to provide relief from toothache.
- The bark is used to cure colds.
- The extracts of the tree parts is used to cure pain, hypertension, tumors and inflammation.
- The fruit pulp is rubbed on sick dogs to cure them of mange.
- The juice extracted from leaves is used to cure skin ailments.
- In Ayurveda, the juice of the fruit is used as expectorant for bronchitis and chronic cough.
- The flowers have good smell which could be used to add scent in cosmetics and perfumes.
- Fruits have hard shells which are used as utensils or containers.
- The pulp is edible, mostly used to feed muscovy ducks, pigs, turkeys and chickens.
- The wood of the tree is used to manufacture boxes, toys, rackets, parquet blocks, light artefacts and casting moulds.
- In India, Cannonball tree is regarded as a sacred tree by Hindus.
- According to the Buddhist scriptures, it is said that Lord Buddha was born on the shade of Sala Tree.
- The extracts of Cannonball tree possess antibacterial properties which is effective against E. coli, Staphyloccous and Bacillus. Fruit extracts also possess antimicrobial activity.
- The flowers are considered as a symbol of wealth in Asia.